Learning new skills does not happen overnight. It takes time… and a lot of it sometimes. Here are some tips & tricks to keep you from discouragement as a beginner sewer if things are not going as you had hoped…
- Don’t start off thinking you will be making a wedding gown. Start simple.
- Pick a project that has ONE challenge, not a bunch to overwhelm you right out of the gate! Once you master that one challenge, add in a new one for your next project.
- Measure twice, cut once. A rule I learned from doing home remodeling project.
- Don’t rush your projects. Learn the value of patience.
- Practice on scraps.
- Speaking of practice… each time you repeat the skill or technique it will become easier and look better.
- Realize that you might need to actually iron your fabric along the way. This step, believe it or not, can make the difference in a project looking homemade vs. more professional.
Tips & Tricks to Keep You from Discouragement as a Beginner Sewer: STEPS TO TAKE
Check out these posts on the website…
Start with a simple project like these scented sachets.
Stay up to date and get extra help
Enter your email to follow our blog to have tips & tricks and beginner sewing tutorials updates emailed to you when they are posted!
Join our community on Facebook. Ask questions and get advice from the Beginner Sewing group members. It is an amazingly supportive and helpful global group that can help you when you are at a loss.
Do you have the right tools? Here is a list of what you should have to get started.
Want to save this advice for later? You can find it right here on Pinterest…